Thank you for your interest, however there are currently no openings at the Just Us! head office.
If you are interested in joining the team at one of our coffeehouses as a Barista, please contact the Team Lead at the location directly.
Job Title: Baker/Cook
Reports to: Kitchen Team Lead
Status: Full time
Salary: TBD Full Health and Dental Benefits and 2 weeks’ Vacation
Location: Grand Pre Coffee House/Kitchen
Position held by:
Effective: August 2014
Working relationships: Coffeehouse workers
Overall Purpose of position:
To participate in the daily preparation of the food according to our standards. To work with the Team lead on developing relationships with our local producers and suppliers. To work with the Team Lead on developing the sales for the kitchen in the Coffeehouses. To work with the Team Lead on the development of recipes using local and organic food that provides healthy options for customers.
Day to Day Operations - 90%
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Team Lead
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Team Lead.
Administration – 10%
- To attend team meetings
- To participate in training offered by the Co-op
- To participate in events at the Centre for Small Farms in cooperation with the kitchen.
- Food handling certificate.
- Experience with Baking and Cooking in a commercial kitchen.
- Basic knowledge of food issues facing our society today.
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to the values held by Just Us! around the food that is being prepared.
Health and Safety:
- Health and Safety procedures as outlined in our Employee Handbook (Policy #105) must be followed
- Up to date WHMIS certification required
- This position will spend 90% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction.
Please apply by email to email@example.com by August 18, 2014.